TEDx, Ignite, and Pecha Kucha: Creating a Stellar Application
Are you wanting to join the speakers at TEDx, Ignite, or PechaKucha? Take a peek behind the curtain with a seasoned curator, organizer and coachWatch Promo
You are a speaker with a unique message, idea, or story to share.
So you... you are somebody who has a discovery, a really cool experience, a new idea, or a nerdy passion that you can't wait to share with the world. Or maybe you're already a public speaker and you want to experience more, be on a stage with a bigger audience, or have a video of your talk.
Whatever it is, you're ready to write the talk of your life and you want to know how to apply to these events so you can give it.
By the end of this course, you will...
- Understand the 3 ways all speakers reach the stage.
- See what makes a not-so-great, great, and super great application.
- Understand a the history and culture of three public speaking events and which may be the best match for you.
- Worksheets to help you find your core idea.
- See the application process through the eyes of the curating team.
- Gather public speaking prep tips to help you prepare for a live audition or interview.
- Learn next steps after your application, whether you are accepted or not
I can't guarantee that you will get a spot on a speaking stage, but if you embody the values that we talk about, if you follow the guidelines and principles that I lay out for you, and if you have a great idea worth spreading, this will give you your best shot at landing a place on a stage!
- Sarah Beasley, Author of "Kindness for all Creatures" and Educator at Naropa University
Perpetual student Margaret works with speakers across the U.S and internationally. She is known for supporting over a thousand presenters and coaching over 100 TEDx speakers.
Margaret has been nicknamed “The Benevolent Pusher” for her uncanny ability to be supportive, directive, and entertaining as she leads communication workshops. She says, “Speakership is Leadership” and is passionate about helping people lead with their speaking. Read more https://www.linkedin.com/in/margaretwattsromney/.
Her free time is filled with meditation, podcasts, tea, hiking the paths of Boulder, CO, and reveling in her three grown daughters’ marvelous lives.
StartLecture 1: Don’t Skip This! 3 Guiding Values of TED (4:15)
StartLecture 2: The Difference between TED and TEDx (1:07)
StartLecture 3: A Brief History of PechaKucha (2:00)
StartLecture 4: A Brief History of Ignite (1:43)
StartLecture 5: Summary: How to Choose Which Public Speaking Event is a Match for You (0:50)